Thursday, September 24, 2015

The world's youngest self-made female billionaire




Elizabeth Holmes was named to this years' TIME 100 list of the world's most influential people Thursday. She's being compared to visionaries like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. Just as Gates wanted a computer on every desk, Holmes wants a blood test in every drugstore.


Her company, Theranos, has created what they call a painless, needle-free way to draw blood and test it -- for a fraction of Medicare costs. It's fueled immense anticipation in the health care industry and made Holmes the world's youngest self-made female billionaire, reports "CBS This Morning" co-host Norah O'Donnell.
While she certainly has the money for it, Holmes said she doesn't own a TV.
"I work all the time and I'm basically in the office from the time I wake up, and then working until I go to sleep every day," she said.
At 19 years old, Holmes dropped out of Stanford University. She had a little tuition money and a big idea. Now, at 31, she's what lots of teenagers with that background likely strive to become: the youngest female billionaire in the world.
"You know, it's not what matters," Holmes said. "What matters is how well we do in trying to make people's lives better. That's why I'm doing this. That's why I work the way that I work. And that's why I love what I'm doing so much."


See full content here - http://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabeth-holmes-youngest-self-made-female-billionaire-revolutionize-health-care/

No comments:

Post a Comment